We're webuild, a small digital product design agency made up of passionate designers, doers, and strategists from many different cultures and backgrounds. Our passion is helping entrepreneurs succeed through meaningful collaboration and leveraging the power of user-driven design. Our company is based out of sunny San Diego, California, although our entire team is remote and spans the globe.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced Project Manager to work closely with our clients while supporting our team to execute on a variety of web & mobile app projects.
What does a Project Manager do?
All projects at webuild have a Project Manager. Ultimately, the PM is responsible for the successful delivery of each project, keeping us on time and on budget. They are the primary interface between clients and the design team and take ownership for the project’s status, health, delivery, and budget. They will run meetings, resolve conflicts, organize tasks and timelines, and document project changes.
Project managers at webuild are highly motivated, organized people with exceptional communication and people skills. They have experience leading small teams and approach new tasks with an open mind, are able to prioritize effectively and work quickly to support the team and clients.
- Help manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Develop budgets and timeframes for executing client initiatives
- Help create project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to track progress
- Have a deep understanding of all ongoing projects and tasks, who they’re assigned to and have excellent prioritization skills
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate flow of assets between cross-functional teams
- Manage testing and final QA of new web/app development
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Ensure resource availability and allocation by approaching client requests with a pragmatic mindset
- Encourage and facilitate close collaboration and open, transparent communication within all-remote, cross-functional product teams
- Create project retro surveys and distill learnings for future projects
- Conduct project management surveys to continually optimize our project management process
- Document processes for training and onboarding
The Ideal Candidate
- You are incredibly passionate, care deeply about the details and bring an amazing amount of heart+hustle to everything you do.
- You have great people skills and working with people from different cultures/who have different personalities comes easily to you.
- You have a yes attitude and can figure things out with limited hand holding.
- You love delivering superior customer experiences and making your teams’ lives easier.
- You don’t necessarily need someone to tell you what to do, you create value and identify opportunities for things to work on.
- You are great under pressure and can manage the team effectively in these conditions.
- You love to learn new things and technologies to keep up with the latest trends and the design team.
- You are great at delivering and receiving continuous feedback.
- You are extremely organized and can juggle many details and competing priorities.
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively communicate your ideas both internally and externally.
- 4+ years of experience, preferably at an agency.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a client-facing role.
- Familiarity with project management tools is a must (any of the following: Trello, JIRA, Basecamp, Teamwork, Asana, Flow, etc.).
- Bonus points if you know Slack, Harvest, Google Suite, and have used design tools like Figma.
- Mindset: Ability to patiently learn, contribute, and work under pressure within a strategically growing, small company environment.
- Customer experience: You love astonishing customers and delivering high quality work. You have superior communication skills.
- Full time 40hrs/week
- $58,000-$70,000 annual base salary
- Eligible to work in the US
- Remote: available during North America timezone
- Role reports to: Founder/CEO (Evan)
- Benefits included
- Health insurance premiums 100% covered
- HSA benefits
- Internet stipend
- Home office expense budget